We aim to make the process of having solar power installed as easy as possible. At the same time, we’ll ensure you’ve been provided with all the required information and are kept up to date at every stage.
We always aim to make the process as straightforward as possible and provide the best information for your individual circumstances. We understand you may get information overload so take your time to slowly digest it all and be sure to get back in touch if you have any more questions.
A happy customer is an informed customer
- Choosing the right system and components – Our solar consultants will take their time to educate you on your options. We’re not tied to any manufacturer, so we can recommend the best solar products for your specific needs.
- Free connection applications to Energex or Ergon – Before you commence your solar power installation, you must get permission from Energex or Ergon to install the system. Generally, 5kW or less is an automatic approval, however, anything above that requires a more in-depth investigation to ensure the Power Distributor can handle the system. We’ll look after this application process for you free of charge and keep you informed if any issues arise.
- Arranging Finance – We don’t want anyone to miss out on the benefits of solar power. Home and Energy can help you with a finance option through a green loans program we’ve aligned with. Speak to our consultant if this is an option you’d like to undertake and we can put you in touch with a financial institution who’s as excited about Renewable Energy as we are.
- Invoice and order form – We’ll send you an invoice and order form clearly stating the system size and components you’ve ordered and our Terms of Sale. You’ll also be given the total out of pocket expense for the whole project and the Government rebate your system is eligible for. There are no hidden costs or surprises.
- Your installation – Most installs can be completed within one day, but some jobs can take longer it takes longer to install larger systems or on complex roofs. Our in-house CEC accredited installer will arrange a convenient time to install your system. On arrival, they’ll confirm the final position of the equipment to make sure you’re happy with everything. After the install, work areas will be left clean and tidy and all rubbish will be taken away.
We’ll take time to talk you through how everything works including monitoring portal setup and sometimes, at a later date, WIFI connection.
- Post Installation – Once your installation is complete we submit what is called an EWR with Energex or Ergon and they’ll send you a reference number. You’ll then be required to send this EWR number to your Energy Retailer, eg (Origin or AGL) who will then set up your solar tariff metering.
Please note: It’s a network requirement that your system remains off until the Retailer metering is complete. If there’s an excessive wait period please get back in touch with us so we can follow up with them.
Occasionally, we’ve heard of some very long wait times and we want to see your system up and running as soon as possible.
- Meter change – You Retailer will change your meter for a BiDirectional meter and apply the solar metering tariff. Your new meter will measure how much energy you buy and how much you sell. We always encourage our customers to call if they have a question. Part of our job is to ensure customers understand how their system works.